Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Given up on finding a good cook....

The title says it all. I have been in search of a good (read elusive, non-existent) cook here in Hyderabad for the past 6 yrs. Tried some 5 people, 3 were not 'cooks', one was a thief in disguise, and the one who was close to churning out edible fare had to 'leave'.

Last week I watched the movie Julie and Julia and was so motivated that I was tempted to start my own blog along the same lines. It has been nearly 2 weeks since that resolve but today I think something inside me snapped after eating a meal of half cooked curry for lunch (yet again!)

So I have decided to start cooking myself. I am a pretty good cook, if I say so myself :-) and I truly enjoy it. It is just that after the birth of my child cooking took a backseat and then well I just did not get enough time (read got lazy) so did not really pursue it on a day to day basis.
But this is it folks, I am ready to jump head first in to it again. This is the plan - 2 dishes per day - 1 Indian (for lunch) and one International (for dinner). I plan to put this in to effect from the 15th of December and let us see how long I can keep it up...

Good luck to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment