Thursday, June 2, 2011

Daddy's day in!

Today was my father's birthday so yet another excuse for not eating at home!!! Asked him to take the day off from work. Hence the title of the blog - in case you were wondering...

Lunch was from a place called Utupura (http://www.utupura.com/). It is a Kerala restaurant. Well, the food was not completely authentic Kerala cuisine but very close.  We ordered the veg thali and it had rice, sambar with mixed veggies, plantain stem in coconut gravy, bitter gourd fry, curd with pickle, chutney, fried appalam as accompaniments and payasam for dessert. I did not take a picture as the food came in individual aluminum foil packs and by the time the food got home I was soo ravenous that I attacked the food without any ado :)

I did bake a cake for my dad. It was not a start from scratch cake. I used the ready to bake mixes. Just added milk and butter and it was ready in a half hr. Just did a sugar powder dusting ( a thick coating to cover the imperfections!!) So when I said I "baked" a cake - I did just that :)

Heart chocolate cake!

For the evening meal ordered out again!! From All Seasons - the same place we ordered from this Sunday. Ordered the Paneer Shahi Kurma and Nawabi Hundi. They were both fine.

Muaaahaaaahaaa! Stomach khush hua!!!

Paneer Shahi Kurma and Nawabi Hundi

See you all tomorrow folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment