Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mundane cooking.....

I watched "The Japanese wife" by Aparna Sen yesterday. And cried bucketfuls towards the end of it. According to Konkona Sen Sharma's review - "if you have a heart you will love the movie" and I loved it loads so I guess I am all heart then!!!

Anyway, coming to the purpose of this blog. To narrate what I had for dinner tonight. Nothing spectacular, just Dhondakai Fry and some last minute daal preparation :-)
 
Dhondakai Fry and Chana Daal
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daal
Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds to splutter. Now add a chopped onion and fry till brown. Add the ginger garlic paste and tomatoes and cook till tomatoes turn mushy. Now add turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder to taste. (I had a boiled potato in the fridge that I chopped into chunks and threw in as well). Add this to the washed daal and pour in enough water. Pressure cook till the daal is cooked. Remove and add the tempering (mustard seeds, cumin seeds and dry red chilli) and salt and mix well.That's it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's all for tonight folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment