Thursday, April 28, 2011

No man's (state) land! and some random ramblings...

Today went out for a swim and lunch meet with the ladies and kiddies at the Novotel. The food was good as usual. But the weather... Wow! was it hot!! I wish there were more indoor pools in Hyderabad. It is sheer torture to be out in the sun! Me and my son came back looking like roasted (more like burnt!) chickens!!
So today's dinner was Paneer bhurji and cheese corn chapatis (that my mom had tried out today). Hence the title of today's blog. Today's dinner could belong to any state as I did not travel anywhere specific :)

Paneer bhurji and cheese corn chapatis

I watched a malayalam movie called "Kerala Cafe" yesterday. Very interesting movie - it is actually a collection of 10 short stories by 10 different directors. Very engaging, I must say.
Also watched "It's complicated" starring Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin. I like Meryl Streep - Baldwin I couldn't care less. But the movie was good. The best part about the movie was the house that Meryl's character lives in - to die for!! She owns a bakery of her own. She cooks like a pro and has this wonderful vegetable garden behind her house that she picks the fresh veggies to cook from.
Oohh! What I would do to live there! Just perfect!

Well, on that note, I am off to bed to dream about wonderful houses with vegetable gardens and flowers and swimming pools and warm scones and chocolate truffle cakes and.......




No comments:

Post a Comment